In the age of Big Data, relying solely upon traditional consumer research to inform your healthcare delivery and marketing efforts can put you at a significant disadvantage. While demographic data has been a reliable standby for decades, healthcare stakeholders are recognizing the need for more nuanced information in order to effectively engage today's healthcare consumer.
c2b solutions has developed a highly targeted audience grouping model — based on a methodology known as psychographic segmentation — that categorizes people based on shared values, beliefs, priorities, emotions, and interests.
The psychographic segment known as Priority Jugglers is the focus of this article. Read on to find out more about this unique and highly valuable segment.
Priority Jugglers: An Overview
Priority Jugglers are typically very busy, constantly wrestling with a variety of responsibilities ranging from family life to career obligations and everything in between. It’s not uncommon for Priority Jugglers to be married and have children living in the household, and this can often amplify their tendency to stretch themselves too thin. As a result of their hectic daily schedules, Priority Jugglers tend to neglect their own health and well-being, and this often forces them to take a reactive stance when any health issues arise.
Interestingly enough, Priority Jugglers are typically quick to respond to health problems experienced by their family members, and are very proactive in terms of taking measures to ensure that their loved ones receive appropriate healthcare. In this respect, Priority Jugglers are very self-sacrificial, as they tend to prioritize their family and career obligations above their own health and well-being.
Priority Jugglers: Values and Motivations
- Priority Jugglers are often motivated by a sense of duty. Whether it's work or family life, their general attitude is that "the show must go on," even if it means fulfilling their obligations while dealing with a health challenge.
- Priority Jugglers place a high value on loyalty and commitment, and they expect this type of treatment in return. They have a strong tendency to stick with whatever health insurance coverage they have in place as long as they feel it is a good value; Priority Jugglers are one of the least price-sensitive segments when it comes to healthcare and are willing to spend on behalf of their family. This makes it all the more important for health insurance companies to emphasize customer satisfaction for their loyal members who fall into the Priority Juggler segment. In addition, 85 percent of Priority Jugglers expect their health insurance company to demonstrate loyalty by going to bat on their behalf when necessary.
- Convenience is a top priority for this segment, because Priority Jugglers don't have much time to waste during their daily "plate-spinning" routine. For this reason, the less time they have to spend trying to decipher complicated jargon regarding their health insurance coverage, the better. In fact, 87 percent of Priority Jugglers surveyed placed high importance on their health insurance company providing straightforward, easy-to-understand information about their plan coverage.
Healthcare Marketing: Keys to Engaging Priority Jugglers
Priority Jugglers are admittedly not the most accessible segment when it comes to healthcare marketing, but there are a few key ways to engage this segment in a manner that will make your communications more effective:
- Appeal to their sense of commitment and duty. For example, if you're sending a flu shot reminder to a Priority Juggler, you can emphasize the idea that they can't afford to neglect taking this important precautionary measure, because they have family members and loved ones who are depending on them.
- Take time to acknowledge how busy they are. Priority Jugglers are keenly aware of their schedule and time constraints, so by incorporating empathetic language into your communications, your messaging will seem more understanding and less intrusive.
- Be willing to provide a higher level of interaction to keep your Priority Juggler audience focused on maintaining their own healthy behaviors. This will help curtail the tendency that Priority Jugglers have to focus on the well-being of everyone else but themselves.
If you're a healthcare organization looking to maximize patient engagement, Contact us today to see how our psychographic segmentation model can enhance your healthcare delivery and marketing strategies.